American McGee's Alice is hitting the big screen!

For discussion on any other movies that are non-anime related
TheSa|nt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xbox Gamertag: Animevortex

American McGee's Alice is hitting the big screen!

Post by TheSa|nt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 pm

In 2009!

Alice (2009)

Description: Years after her first experience in Wonderland, Alice, now a disturbed young woman mourning the death of her parents, returns to the land of talking animals and the wicked Queen of Hearts. Based on the computer game "American McGee's Alice." (Source: IMDB)

This is awesome because that game is great! I love it's interpretation of Alice. I think it has a lot of potential.

Problem is that Tim Burton is also doing a regular live-action take on Alice and Wonderland that comes out in 2010 so thats 2 revivals of a classic at once in a short period of time. I wonder which will be better...the normal, or the dark.

TheSa|nt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: American McGee's Alice is hitting the big screen!

Post by TheSa|nt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:51 am

penwrite05 wrote:From a little kid that we use to admire, Alice is now a grownup. It will be another challenging task for her since she will shift his acting talent to a mature level.
his? lol. Ya. This may prove to be a great movie though. Problem is that it releases the same year Tim Burton plans on releasing his depiction of Alice in Wonderland...so there will be a cluster<censored^_^> of competition with two alice movie in the same year. Honestly I think doing that may take away from both.

TheSa|nt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: American McGee's Alice is hitting the big screen!

Post by TheSa|nt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Sadly I forgot to follow up with this one with the fact that it was canceled. Thanks to Burton's version of Alice, they were afraid it would shadow this release so it's been postponed (currently indefinitely)