What are the expectations for how well the Vanguard manga wi

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Vertical Inc

What are the expectations for how well the Vanguard manga wi

Post by Vertical Inc » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:35 pm

What are the expectations for how well the Vanguard manga will sell? Also what can we expect from the special edition to look like and will there be a preview of it?

The expectations for Vanguard really vary.
Obviously for us this is something very different from what we have normally in our catalog. We do not often publish shonen, though we have been dabbling in it more lately - GTO 14 Days, Flowers of Evil, From the New World and Heroman. Results have been mixed for works that skew younger - GTO and Heroman.
Vanguard definitely skews young. So we are uncertain if our core will get into it. That said, we are working with BushiRoad with this. We are gonna try to cross promote this with the existing card game community, which is why each book’s first printing will come with a trading card (called PR-cards). Their expectations are pretty good as the game is gaining attention. The expectations from our vendors has been tremendous. They think this could be huge.
So we hope fans of the brand give it a chance. If you enjoy Vanguard please reblog this to get the word out to the Vanguard fan community. We’ve gotten some pretty good early response but I have noticed peeps are still telling each other to check out the scans not knowing that these books are coming out with cards in them.
We finally have details about the first card and deck, over the last week. But I have to set a date with Bushi on when to release the info before we make that public. I’m thinking of doing that for KatsuCon XX next week.
Stay tuned!