Wo you might have noticed the forums have been wonky this month

Here you will find all the latest news about Animevortex (site/forums/channel/etc)!
TheSa|nt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xbox Gamertag: Animevortex

Wo you might have noticed the forums have been wonky this month

Post by TheSa|nt » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:53 am

Yet again we had another episode causing everything to go offline for a number of days. phpBB is notorious for being a pain in my arse as all you have to do is cough in the wrong direction and *poof*, everything goes offline and no one can explain why or fix it without completely restoring things.

Thankfully everything is back online and hopefully it will remain that way. No promises as I might try to fix something small to add to the list with and cause everything else before it to explode again, so fingers crossed :)

The news sections will not be updated until I can get the backend working again that allowed all of the contributors and sources to submit things. The entire system is fried so I have to figure out how to backstep and re-install it all from scratch. Once I figure it out, all of the daily news will be coming in again, including tweets and all that good stuff.

TheSa|nt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xbox Gamertag: Animevortex

Re: Wo you might have noticed the forums have been wonky this month

Post by TheSa|nt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:57 pm

OK! Things are mostly back online after unnecessarily long hours of playing around with things. You will have to excuse the handful of duplicate entries that were involved with trying to fix things in the db and scripts but I think things might be on the right track now!