The Magic of Animation in Moss: How Polyarc Brought Quill to

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest Playstation news and blog updates brought to you by your favorite developers and related.
Playstation Updates
AI
AI

The Magic of Animation in Moss: How Polyarc Brought Quill to

Post by Playstation Updates » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 am

The Magic of Animation in Moss: How Polyarc Brought Quill to Life

Hello PlayStation gamers! My name is Rick Lico, Animation Director for Polyarc. I’m here to talk with you all about Quill, the protagonist of Moss. Let me kick this off by asking you a question, dear reader. If you had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring your own character to life in your own game, who would that character be? Would your character be a bold hero? A physical representation of societal tropes? A disco assassin wearing fish tank platform shoes tearing up Studio 54?

Our answer to this question is Quill, a confident, secure, self-reliant, impetuous young mouse. We’re eternally grateful to our fans for their overwhelming support of her. In fact, I’ve never seen people have such a stark, emotional reaction to a character that I’ve worked on before. Numerous reviews for Moss often mention how real Quill feels. People are genuinely building an emotional bond with her. But what is it about Quill that inspires this reaction?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/PSBlog/~3/Ftvg9j0d7pE/