I just want to say thank you for releasing Josei titles/seri

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Vertical Inc

I just want to say thank you for releasing Josei titles/seri

Post by Vertical Inc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I just want to say thank you for releasing Josei titles/series in the US. Most companies never seemed to want to invest in them, instead sticking to Shoujo aimed at younger girls/teens, and I'm so glad I can actually buy more mature titles now and own actual copies. Kyoko Okazaki is one of my absolute favorites, and being able to own some of her works feels amazing.

Thanks.

Obviously whether we do more is based on whether people buy these books. And success has been not universal so far. But I hope to continue releasing Josei titles cause we believe in these stories and believe there is an audience, so please recommend these books to those you know. And most importantly do not pass them up for later, cause as in the past with other publishers, there might not be a later.

(Note: Retailers and distributors do not give new artists much time, 2-3 months after the on sale date they can start returning books and that’s it… They may be off shelves forever.)