Pick of the Week: What Did You Eat Yesterday?

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Vertical Inc

Post by Vertical Inc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 am

mangabookshelf:

SEAN: There’s a lot of great things coming out this week – some of which I even forgot to put in my weekly post! (Sorry, Wolf Children, I’ll get to you next week.) That said, there’s only one title that’s *the* Pick of the Week, and that’s Vertical’s debut of long-awaited What Did You Eat Yesterday?, from Fumi Yoshinaga. The story of a couple and their daily lives and meals, it’s a story with two gay men that isn’t “Boys’ Love” as we know it. Can’t wait to read this one.
MICHELLE: I think I’ve been pestering publishers to license this one for about seven years, so yes. Pick of the Week. Possibly Pick of the Decade.
ASH: No arguments here, either. I’m very excited for the release of What Did You Eat Yesterday? and have been looking forward to it ever since the license was announced by Vertical. Actually, like Michelle, this is a series that I’ve been clamoring for for years. I’m thrilled that we’re finally getting it in English!
MELINDA: I honestly can’t think of a title I’ve wished for more than this one—and it’s obviously not just me! This title has inspired heartfelt pleas from both Manga Bookshelf columnist Travis Anderson and the Battle Robot’s much-missed left leg, David Welsh. I’ve waxed eloquent many times over Fumi Yoshinaga’s particular talents with slice-of-life dialogue, food, and gay characters, and this manga includes all three. Thank you, Vertical, for bringing us this manga!

Pick of the Decade!!