New website! Some Forum Changes!

Here you will find all the latest news about Animevortex (site/forums/channel/etc)!
TheSa|nt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xbox Gamertag: Animevortex

New website! Some Forum Changes!

Post by TheSa|nt » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Well, the time has finally come where modern technology no longer supported the website. The latest theme was built upon the old site and has been in use for many years. It was rock solid (secure) because it didn't use any special databases or CMS tools. Everything was created by hand and uploaded manually. It was a zen-filled hobby and one of the only websites I work on that was still done using notepad and photoshop.

Sadly, modern tech/code/PHP no longer supported most of the original structure and I was forced to update as it will soon all be deprecated (no longer supported). It was either update or let everything go and the latter just felt unacceptable. So it's been moved to a whole new platform. Not everything made it as some things were best left buried and forgotten. Like the channel rules (the IRC channel hasn't existed in years now). However, I will be open to adding new stuff if anyone shares their thoughts here in the forums or via the contact section.

The forums haven't changed. Nothing new there. Same platform and it will continue to be for as long as I can justify it. But the main website and everything that went with it is completely redone (outside of the trivia system and a few small things).

Contact forms will be one of the last things to go in, but it will be less than 24 hours from the time of this post, so no biggy. Hope you like the new design and I hope you enjoyed the old one as well. I hope it will live on in your memory as it has weathered many years successfully and catered to many hundreds of thousands or even millions of visitors (depending on how far you want to look back).

AS FOR THE FORUMS. Nothing will be touched (much) for now, although some changes will be coming. For example, this news section (from this point forward) will reflect news surrounding just the forums. For over-all AV news, you can find it in the blog via the main website.