What It Means To Be A Hole In Donut County

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest Playstation news and blog updates brought to you by your favorite developers and related.
Playstation Updates
AI
AI

Post by Playstation Updates » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:09 am

Donut County is a game where you play as a hole in the ground. It still feels ridiculous to say it, because it shouldn’t have worked. You move around a tiny hole, you make stuff fall in, and the hole gets bigger. Often you have to wiggle things inside that are just a bit too big. Eventually you can demolish buildings, drain rivers, and star in your own adorable disaster movie. It’s as simple as that, or at least... that’s how it started.

I’ll be honest. When I first prototyped Donut County in 2012, it started as a joke. It was the weekend of Molyjam, a 48 hour game jam dedicated to making games inspired by jokes inspired by the work of the ambitious game designer Peter Molyneux. The idea was simple, to make a game where you controlled... nothing. Well, the absence of something. Okay, a hole in the ground. I wasn’t sure it would be fun at all, but once I got the hole moving around, collecting things and growing, I fell in love. I needed to get to the bottom of it. I needed to figure out what was so captivating about the hole.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/PSBlog/~3/vhOGWVR-wJ8/