My Life in the Mafia (Games): Looking Back on the Series’ 15

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest Playstation news and blog updates brought to you by your favorite developers and related.
Playstation Updates
AI
AI

My Life in the Mafia (Games): Looking Back on the Series’ 15

Post by Playstation Updates » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:41 pm

My Life in the Mafia (Games): Looking Back on the Series’ 15-year History

My name is Roman Hladik and early on, I was caught up in “the life.” I cut my teeth with Tommy Angelo in Lost Heaven. (I worked on the art direction for the characters in the first Mafia game). I went along with Vito’s moves in Empire Bay (I was the art director for Mafia II) …and stuck by him down in New Bordeaux (art director on Mafia III). I’ve been working on the Mafia franchise since the very beginning. If you told me that I’d be looking back at a game I worked on over 15 years ago, I wouldn’t believe you. And if you said that I’d work on the same franchise for that long? I’d say you’re nuts. But that’s exactly what happened. And right now, I’m going tell you a little bit about how we got here.

It was just after the fall of the Iron Curtain in Czechoslovakia, and I had convinced my parents to buy a Commodore 64. I discovered the magical world of computer games and drawing software. Just trust me, trying to draw by using a joystick is a fairly demanding discipline. After working on – and playing – games in high school, I eventually joined Illusion Softworks to work on a new project.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/PSBlog/~3/N_CW3QHk3lQ/